DIGEST (Digital Essay Tutor)
DIGEST is available to LCCC students seeking support for written assignments in spring, fall, and summer semesters. This service runs from the second week through final week of classes.
• Submit only one assignment per day. Do not submit multiple assignments in one email.
• All assignments are read in the order they are received.
• Please allow up to 48 hours for return of your assignment.
• Review and follow tutor comments before sending a revision.
• For each new tutor session, start a new email thread. Do not use the reply button to send revisions or new assignments to DIGEST.
• Students may print out, or forward, a copy of the marked essay for professors to track student progress.
• Please remember, tutors do not proofread, edit or correct papers; we offer suggestions for improvement.
New Feature of DIGEST - Ask a Quick Question
Do you have a Question for a writing tutor that does not involve an entire essay? Perhaps you need help with one awkward sentence. Perhaps you have a question about how to use apostrophes. Perhaps you are not sure how to cite one unusual source for your research paper.
Email your question to the DIGEST for a speedy response from an online tutor. Follow the instructions below:
- Send question from your LCCC student email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type Question in the subject line
- Start with an information block in body of email – L# and class (i.e. ENG 105) only
- Then type question in body of email
- Question should be thorough but concise, not more than one paragraph long
- Concrete questions are best; you can include, for example, one troubling sentence from an essay, a link to one source for citation help, or one confusing grammar issue.
- No attachments allowed
- Questions are processed from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, in the order in which they are received; while we aim to answer all questions as quickly as possible, please allow up to 12 hours for a response during times of heavy submission volume
Or Send Your Writing Assignment to the Tutors
Steps to submit an assignment:
1. Using your LCCC student email only (@mymail.lccc.edu), type DIGEST Submission in the subject line.
2. Copy and paste the following form into the body of your email and add the requested information. Missing information may delay the processing of your essay.
Email Form (Copy & Paste)
First and last name:
Assignment type and prompt:
(What specific content issue or writing skill would you like the tutor to discuss in this session?)
3. Attach your assignment (.doc or .docx only) via the paperclip icon. You may attach one other supporting document, such as a rubric or assignment sheet.
4. Email your assignment to email@example.com.
5. A confirmation of submission will be sent to your email address.