F-1 Visa Students Transfer Information
F-1 Student Transfer Information Sheet
How to transfer TO Lehigh Carbon Community College:
1. Submit a completed International Student Application Packet to the International Student Advisor. This includes:
- The written International Student Application
- Notarized Affidavit of Support with supporting evidence (sponsor salary statement and current bank statement showing sufficient funds)
- Refundable Tuition Deposit of $1650 and the non-refundable $30 application fee; $1680.00 in total. (Your application will not be processed without this.)
2. Inform your international advisor at your current school that you are transferring to LCCC.
- Your international student advisor must complete the Transfer In Recommendation form and mail or fax it directly to the International Student Advisor at LCCC; 610-799-1223.
3. Submit a copy of your current I-20 and official college transcript(s) in a sealed envelope with your International Student Application.
4. After all materials are received and reviewed; you will be notified by LCCC of your acceptance status. Please allow at least ONE week for processing.
5. If accepted, you must set up an appointment with the International Student Advisor; you must bring your passport, visa, 1-94. A copy of these will be kept on file and you will then be issued a new I-20 which will reflect your transfer to LCCC.
6. If you will be traveling outside of the United States before you attend LCCC, you must be issued a new I-20 prior to your departure from the US. It will also be helpful to register for classes before you leave.
7. You are required to send an official transcript from all colleges attended with final grades to the International Student Advisor. Unofficial transcripts can ONLY be used for verification of pre-requisites during course selection.
Special Transfer Topics:
- If you decide not to transfer, it is important that you inform Foreign Student Advisor immediately.
- If a student completes a course of study or OPT, the student is eligible for transfer through the end of the 60-day grace period. Be aware of the 5 month start-date limit to begin studies at your new school: you cannot remain in the US if you are transferring to another institution and do not begin classes within 5 months of your transfer.
- If a student is currently on OPT; the OPT automatically terminates upon transfer.