LCCC Foundation - EZ Find Scholarship Finder - Yvette M. Palmer Interrupted Studies Scholarships
Yvette believed passionately in service and dedicated her life to helping others. As a Rotarian for over 20 years, she held leadership roles of all kinds, chaired major fund-raising campaigns, and taught others by example and word how they could be of service. Yvette served on the leadership boards of many area organizations: Lehigh Carbon Community College, Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Kutztown University, Allentown Economic Development Commission, LEAP, United Way, and Phoebe Ministries. The Yvette M. Palmer Interrupted Studies Scholarship honors her memory and continues her values and beliefs in assisting others.
- $5,000 available, maximum $1,000 per student per semester
- Preference given to part-time women students; full-time women students are not excluded
- Men may apply
- Covers only tuition and fees not covered by federal and state aid, excepting only student loans
- Students may reapply in subsequent years
- Be out of educational process (high school or college) for a year or more prior to this term for any reason
- Be enrolled and registered in at least two courses at LCCC designed to assist them re-entering the work force
- Express intent to re-enter the workforce during or as a result of their educational efforts
- Provide one letter of reference from a non-family member to the Foundation
- Provide a brief essay or statement why the student is qualified to receive the scholarship
- Provide any additional information as may be deemed necessary for the Selection Committee
- Supply most recent official transcript showing a cumulative GPA of 2.5 minimum
- Scholarship does not cover costs of books, supplies, and other non-course related charges including testing or certification examinations unless such testing is stipulated in advance as a necessary requirement leading to graduation
How to apply: Applications open through October 30, 2015.