Early Childhood Education Specialized Credit Diploma (ECED)
*This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.*
Intended to prepare student for employment as an assistant group supervisor with children ages 8 and under in childcare centers and other early care and education classrooms. Credits meet requirements for the Keystone STARS program and for Department of Public Welfare's Professional Development Record. The diploma is designed to articulate into Lehigh Carbon Community College's Early Childhood Education Associate degree program and its Early Childhood Education/Early Intervention Associate degree program.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- know patterns of child growth and development and theories of learning.
- use knowledge of family culture and different family structures to work in the collaborative relationships.
- plan, adapt, and implement curriculum experiences based on developmentally appropriate practices.
- plan, adapt, and implement a healthy and safe environment that supports children's growth and development.
- know and use ethical professional behaviors and regulations to advocate for children, families, and colleagues.
|Early Childhood Education Specialized Credit Diploma (ECED)|
|ECE 110||Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education||3|
|ECE 120*||Children's Growth & Development||3|
|ECE 130*||Integrating the Arts and Play
in Early Childhood
|ECE 140*||Observation & Recording Tech||3|
|ECE 215*||Language and Literature||3|
*Child Care Lab (30 hours per designated course) field experiences and observations. Physical exam and TB screening test required.