Receiving your Financial Aid
How Will I Find Out How Much Financial Aid I Will Be Receiving?
When you complete the FAFSA online and provide an email address on the paper FAFSA form, you will receive an e-mail from the U.S. Department of Education indicating the date your FAFSA was processed by them. The email will include your Student Aid Report (SAR) which is a recap of the information you provided on your FAFSA.
LCCC will also send the student an email when LCCC receives your FAFSA electronically into our college computing system.
The results of the FAFSA are analyzed by the Office of Financial Aid to determine your financial aid eligibility. Your financial aid eligibility is directly related to the information you provided when you completed the Free Application for Federal Student (FAFSA) and your enrollment. It is important that you enroll in classes as soon as possible so that we can determine your eligibility based on the number of credits your are enrolled for.
Please note that if your application has been selected for verification, we will be unable to process and complete your financial aid application until we receive all required documentation. Please note the information that is requested is a result of being chosen for verification by the U.S. Department of Education. LCCC also reserves the right to select students for verification who have discrepancies in the information on their FAFSAs.
Students are awarded financial aid on a rolling basis so it depends on when you filed the FAFSA form, submitted additional documentation if asked and the date the file was completed. Students are notified of their financial aid eligibility by an award letter sent to the student's address via U.S. mail and an email is sent to the student's LCCC email address telling them his/her financial aid has been awarded. The financial aid awards are also available to students on the student portal as follows:
1. Log onto My LCCC from LCCC's home page (www.lccc.edu).
2. Locate "My Finances" from the LaunchPad and click.
3. Locate "My Financial Aid" and click.
4. Select "Award by Aid Year" and then select the appropriate aid year and SUBMIT (for example 2013-2014 academic year starts in tall term 2013).
5. Select the "Resources/Additional Information" tab and answer the question - Yes or No. (You will only have to answer the question ONCE during each academic year.)
6. Select the "Accept Award Offer" tab.
- If we need documents and/or information from you, they will be listed here.
- If we do not need any further documentation from you AND you are registered for classes, your aid is "being processed."
- Once we have completed your file, we will list fund types and dollar amounts. Grants are listed as already accepted. Loans are listed as esimated. You will need to decide whether to accept or decline any loans that are offered to you.
- If you accept all or part of a loan, new requirements may appear for you.
- Go to StudentLoans.gov to complete the Entrance Counseling AND to complete AND sign the Master Promissory Note. (If you have already done this for LCCC you probably do not have to do it again.)
Do not make any changes to your FAFSA after you receive an award letter from LCCC. Contact the Office of Financial Aid if you feel you made an error on the FAFSA. No changes will be made to information on the FAFSA unless documentation is provided that justifies the change.