Employment Retraining Opportunity
LCCC offers employment retraining opportunities for those who have recently been affected by the economy.
1. Applicant must have been laid off, permanently or indefinitely, from a full time position within 12 months prior to the date of submitting the application to the ERO program.
2. Applicant must be a resident of Lehigh, Carbon or Schuylkill counties.
3. Any applicant who is not a resident of Lehigh, Carbon or Schuylkill counties must have been laid off permanently or indefinitely from a full time position by a Lehigh, Carbon, or Schuylkill county employer.
4. Applicant must be a new or returning student to LCCC.
5. Applicant must complete the LCCC Application for Employment Retraining Opportunity and provide a letter from the former employer, on company stationary (original, not a copy) stating lay off date and verifying that the full time position held by the applicant was eliminated through no fault of the applicant, but due to current economic conditions. Employer letter should be attached to the ERO application, prior to submission.
6. Applicant must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available at fafsa.ed.gov and provide proof that it was filed by providing a copy of the confirmation page. ERO applications will not be considered until the FAFSA requirement is met. Approved applicants will receive ERO funding for the remaining costs of tuition after state and federal financial aid program eligibility is determined and applied to the student’s account. Payment for all college fees, textbooks, and supplies remain the responsibility of the ERO student.
7. Approved ERO applicants may register for classes anytime one week prior to the start of the semester, on a space available basis.
8. Approved ERO applicants may register for credit courses from the state high priority occupations (see attached list of eligible programs), up to a maximum of four courses within one semester. Tuition waiver can be used one-time only, cannot be carried over to another semester and cannot be used for courses where the College has partnered with outside educational providers.
9. Students who become employed full time prior to the start of classes are no longer eligible for ERO funding. ERO approved students must notify Enrollment Services immediately if they should become employed prior to the start of the ERO semester.
Eligibility Requirements and Guidelines
(Maximum of four courses within one semester)
ERO Eligible Credits Programs
- Accounting Certificate
- Administrative Office Technology Certificate
- Business Management Certificate
- Computer Specialist – Programming Concentration
- Computer Specialist – Network Technology
- Construction Technology Certificate
- Electrical Technology Certificate
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Certificate
- Exercise Science AS
- Health Information Technology AAS
- Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Technology Certificate
- Hotel Resort Management AAS
- Human Resource Management Certificate
- Human Services AAS
- Industrial Automation AAS or Certificate
- Paralegal AAS or Certificate
ERO Eligible Credits Coursework
- Communications – CMN 105, CMN 120, CMN 121
- Real Estate – RES 101, RES 102
- Languages – FRN 105, CHN 105, SPN 105, ASL 101, GRM 101, GRM 105
Selective Admission Programs
Student must meet all program requirements. These programs have fall semester start dates and admission to a program is highly competitive. These programs include Physical Therapist Assistant, Practical Nursing Certificate, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Medical Assistant, Veterinary Technician, and Nursing.
Note: ERO funding cannot be used for course(s) where the College has partnered with outside education providers.