Take Classes while still in High School
Follow these steps:
1. Apply online here.
- Online applications are free and only take about 10 minutes.
- Use the high school student application.
2. Contact your high school guidance counselor.
- Your guidance counselor will help you through the process of Dual Enrollment
- Each high school offers different classes so it is important to check with your individual high school to see what is offered.
- If you wish to take college courses independently of your high school, make an admissions appointment with LCCC at 610-799-1575.
3. Schedule a Placement Test
New students are required to a complete placement test in math, reading, and writing to determine which level class is the best fit for them. In addition, some selective programs such as Allied Health, Science, and Engineering may require additional testing. ***
- You can schedule a placement test at one of the following LCCC campus locations:
- Main (Schnecksville): 610-799-1854
- Donley (Allentown): 610-799-1940
- Jim Thorpe: 570-669-7010
- Morgan (Tamaqua): 570-668-6880
Students may be exempt from testing based upon their SAT or PSSA test scores or by completing previous college credit. Determine if you are exempt from the placement tests.
4. Cost of your Education
- If you are taking classes through your high school as a Dual Enrollment student the cost per credit will be significantly less expensive. Check with your high school to learn about the cost for Dual Enrollment courses.
- If you are a high school student taking classes at LCCC but have registered for courses independently of your high school you will pay the regular tuition. Review tuition costs.
- PAYMENT PLAN: The Business Office accepts check, cash, or credit card. LCCC also offers a payment plan through the Business Office. The payment plan allows students to pay their tuition in several installments throughout the semester. Find more information on the Business Office page.
***Selective Programs require additional steps to be completed before being accepted. Please see the Selective Programs page to learn more about the specific requirements for each program.
Selective Programs are as followed: Associate Degree in Nursing, Practical Nursing Program Certificate, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant, and Veterinary Technician
For questions regarding Dual Enrollment visit High School Connections or contact Jennifer Aquila 610-799-1120 or jaquila [at] lccc [dot] edu.
For further assistance with any of these steps please contact the Admissions Office at admissions [at] lccc [dot] edu or 610-799-1575.