International Student Application
Applying to LCCC from your Home Country
International students are encouraged to begin their admission process six months prior to the start of the school semester to allow ample processing time by both LCCC and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Fall Semester typically begins at the end of August and Spring semester about mid - January. Please read all direction carefully; only completed applications will be accepted. If you have any questions please email International@lccc.edu
Checklist and Instructions-to print the required application materials, click on letters A and B. Please print and return this checklist along with your application packet, it will help ensure that you haven't missed anything.
A. Application For Admission - This document must be printed and sent along with both Affidavit of Support forms (letter B below) to the International Student Advisor.
B. Financial Resource Statement-Affidavit of Support - you must print two(pages 1 -2) per sponsor. This document must be printed and sent along with all documents from letter 'A' above to the International Student Advisor
- Students with F1 Visas are not permitted unauthorized employment; therefore their sponsor is required to provide enough evidence to prove the student will not need to work for the duration of their studies.
- Two affidavits of support forms MUST be printed for each financial sponsor. If you only have one person providing all support to you, then you need only print two forms pages 1 and 2. If one sponsor is providing housing and another is providing monetary funds, then you must print four pages front and back.
- Your financial sponsor must provide evidence that there are sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for your first year (approximately $27,000) and sufficient income to cover for the duration of your studies here in the US. Proof, in the form of tax and salary information and a bank statement(s) is required.
- Approximately $10,050 for tuition for one academic year (Effective Fall 2014).
- Approximately $14,200 for housing, food, books, and other supplies (this is a very low amount).
- Approximately $2000 for Health insurance.
- If children are accompanying the student, $4000 must be added per child. Please ask for the Supplemental Information form for Dependents
- If a spouse is accompanying the student, $6000 must be added. Please ask for the Supplemental Information form for Dependents
- Neither spouse nor dependent may accept employment under any circumstances.
- On the second page of each Affidavit is a space to for the financial sponsor's signature stating he/she is accepting financial responsibilty for the student. If you are unsure what this means, please email the international student advisor for clarification before sending your packet; your application will not be accepted without it.
- One copy is kept in the student's file at LCCC and the second one is returned to the student with the I-20 to provide evidence to the consular official.
- All documents submitted must be in English and in US dollars.
- In order to meet our credit-level ESL courses students should have about two years of English language studies completed. A copy of your high school transcript in English showing English studies is sufficient.
- Some majors at LCCC require an official high school transcript which means students must have their credentials evaluated by a foreign credential agency.
- Students who have completed college-level credits at a university outside the US may be able to have some of those credit transferred to their LCCC record. To do so, students must use a credential evaluation agency such as World Evaluation Services.
D. Tuition Deposit
- As part of the application packet, prospective international students must submit a Tuition deposit of $1650. This deposit is almost one-third of a semester's tuition.
- It will be deducted from your first semester's tuition bill once you arrive and register for classes.
- In the event that you choose not to attend LCCC or your visa application has been denied, simply contact the international student advisor and inform her that a refund will be required; you will also need to return your I-20.
- Checks must be drawn from a US bank and be payable in US dollars to LCCC.
E. Completed applications only
Once you have printed all of the above documents and compiled all required documents and tuition deposit funds, you should send the packet to the International Student Advisor. If you have any questions please email International@lccc.edu