Public Safety Officer - Schnecksville Campus
Work Schedule: 15 hours per week - Weekdays – Anytime between 5 a.m. and 12 midnight, weekends anytime between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. (summertime and holidays until 12 midnight).
Salary Range: $12-$20 per hour
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
The Department of Public Safety & Security exists as a support unit of the College for the purpose of establishing and maintaining an atmosphere in which people can go safely about their varied activities in furtherance of the college’s higher objectives. This department is community-oriented and will engage with the students, staff and visitors to accomplish its mission through excellence in safety, security and traffic management. This position is under the direct supervision of the Assistant Public Safety Supervisor. Must be available to work extra hours and at other off-campus sites with minimum notification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a shift log (report).
- Community-oriented and will engage with the students, staff and visitors
- Directs staff, faculty, students, and visitors to the proper parking areas.
- Reports and logs any incidents (accidents, alarms, etc.) that occur to the proper authorities.
- Assists motorists with vehicle problems (i.e., jump starts, keys locked in vehicle, etc.).
- Insures all fire lanes are free from obstruction.
- Patrols campus parking lots and issues parking warnings and citations as appropriate.
- Provides first aid/first responder.
- Makes sure all campus buildings are secured.
- Monitors intrusion and fire alarm systems.
- Records any and all vehicles left on campus during off hours.
- Records/reports any and all safety hazards on log sheet.
- Checks outside lights each shift and reports any inoperative lights on log.
- Challenges any person seen carrying equipment from buildings and records occurrence on log sheet.
- Reserves parking spaces when directed.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
High school degree or equivalent required. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred. Possess a valid Pa. driver’s license. Possess current certification in PA Act 235. CPR/AED certification required. First-aid training and fire knowledge beneficial. Basic knowledge in alarm systems helpful. Must be available to work extra hours with minimum notification. Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors; teamwork/cooperation; initiative, customer services, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. on Monday, May 5, 2014. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in your cover letter.
Mail: 4525 Education Park Drive, Schnecksville PA 18078