The Science Lab is a valuable resource for students of human anatomy enrolled in an Allied Health Science program. Ideal for individual or group study, this facility contains a large assortment of human anatomical models including skeletal, muscular and organ, charts, as well as supplemental texts, study guides, and lab manuals.
MULTIMEDIA LEARNING TUTORIALS
The Educational Support Center houses an extensive collection of multimedia learning materials available to registered students. These materials include numerous software, video, and DVD tutorials in a large number of subject/course areas. These resources may be used in the ESC to supplement classroom learning, to reinforce what is covered in class, to fill in gaps in knowledge, and to improve study, test taking, and career skills. Tutors refer students as necessary to these materials, the workshops, and other information posted in the ESC.
Links to Open Educational Resources (Find several links to free resources designed to support learning in a variety of areas).
Guides to Studying
- A gold mine of academic & study skills resources: http://www.howtostudy.org/
- Study Guides and Strategies – Great learning tips for tutors and students: http://www.studygs.net/
- Hippo Campus – Online learning videos on a variety of subjects: http://hippocampus.org/
- This website offers a FREE scholarship search: www.scholarshipworkshop.com
Purdue University links: These links provide examples and in depth coverage of specific writing concerns.
Interactive Grammar and Punctuation Exercises
- Types of Plagiarism
- Tips on Plagiarism Prevention
- How to Paraphrase Properly (with examples)
- Preventing Plagiarism When Writing
- Important Terms
- What is Citation?
- Citation Styles
- How Do I Cite Sources? (with quotation examples)