Honors Scholars Program
The Honors Scholars Program is a competitive scholarship program open to students who plan to transfer to a four-year college. Students accepted into the program take four courses (8 credits) as a learning community during their first year:
- Eng 111 - Speech
- Phi 201 - Introduction to Philosophy
- RSS 102 - First Year Honors Seminar
- IDS 218 - Honors Research Seminar
Other coursework is based on students' majors and transfer schools. Students complete honors projects to complete the program in their second year.
To be considered for the program you must meet one of the following entrance criteria:
- standing in the top 10% of your class;
- a combined score of 1200 on your SAT test (Critical Reading and Math); or
- placement of at least 90 in reading and writing and above 70 on the algebra COMPASS tests.
Students who meet one of the above criteria and plan to enroll full-time at LCCC must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid by May 1 for the current academic year by logging onto http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The Honors Scholars application, essay, and two references should be sent to:
Honors Scholars Progam
4525 Education Park Drive
Schnecksville, PA 18078
Once all materials are received the selection committee reviews applications and invites selected applicants to campus for interviews.
- Full Scholarship*
- Rigorous course work
- Preparation for transfer to selective colleges
- Study Abroad opportunities
- Social and cultural activities
- Lasting friendships
Please note: You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this document. Click here to get Adobe Reader.
For more information on our Honors Scholars Program, call Admissions at 610-799-1575, or send an
e-mail to: email@example.com
*Scholarship is for sponsored tuition costs. Accepted students from nonsponsoring school districts are responsiblefor tuition differences. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be eligible for the scholarship each semester.