Construction Technology Certificate (CONC)
*This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.*
Prepares graduates to be employed in the building construction field. Graduates can obtain positions including contractor, subcontractor, building inspector, project coordinator, or estimator. The courses in this program are specialized and may be applied toward the ConstructionTechnology Associate in Applied Science Degree.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- locate specific details from a drawing set, including plan, elevation, section, site, and detail drawings.
- produce architectural drawings that display all necessary views, notes, material lists, and schedules.
- explain the difference between various common manufacturing materials and posses knowledge of the processes available to transform these materials into finished products.
- demonstrate the proper use of standard hand and power tools.
- identify the major components required for building construction as they pertain to foundations, framing, electrical, and interior/exterior finishing.
- demonstrate proper procedures for laying out and installing electrical systems and equipment for national electrical code specifications.
- organize and write technical reports based on data and specifications necessary for typical construction projects.
- demonstrate the procedures necessary for preparation and installation of concrete and masonry products used on construction projects.
- demonstrate the use of a computer-aided drafting workstation in creating architectural drawings.
- demonstrate the proper care and technique required for finishing a construction project.
- interpret OSHA regulations and apply them to all construction areas, equipment, and employees.
- develop a style of workmanship and collaboration necessary for a team environment.
- Additional Disclosure Information
|Construction Technology Certificate (CONC)|
|HAC 119||Construction Print Reading||3|
|MAT 130||Industrial Mathematics||3|
|CON 102||Framing Construction Techniques||4|
|Elective *||Construction Elective||3-4|
|MET 111||Computer-Aided Drafting||4|
|HAC 160||Residential Wiring||3|
|CON 105||Architectural Computer Applications||2|
|CON 204||Construction Codes and Specifications||3|
*Construction elective may be any additional CON course not listed above with a CON Prefix.
Construction Technology (Certificate)
Approximate Cost of Program
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 510||Tuition: 3,000|
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 780||Tuition: 6,000|
|Out of State|
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 1,050||Tuition: 9,000|
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 780||Tuition: 4,500|
- On-Campus Room & Board: Not Offered
- More cost information can be found here: Tuition & Fees
Length of Program
Intended time to complete: 12 months