Early Childhood Education - Early Intervention Certificate (ECIC)
*This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.*
Trains personnel for employment as group supervisors serving infants, toddlers, and preschool children ages 5 and under with disabilities or developmental delays, as well as their families. The certificate is designed to articulate into Lehigh Carbon Community College’s Early Childhood Education/Early Intervention Associate degree program.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- know patterns of child growth and development and theories of learning.
- use knowledge of family culture and different family structures to work in the collaborative relationships.
- plan, adapt, and implement curriculum experiences based on developmentally appropriate practices.
- plan, adapt, and implement a healthy and safe environment that supports children's growth and development.
- know and use ethical professional behaviors and regulations to advocate for children, families, and colleagues.
- Additional Disclosure Information
|Early Childhood Education - Early Intervention Certificate (ECIC)|
|ECE 125*||Education and Care of Infants and Toddlers|
|or ECE 120*||Children's Growth and Development||3|
|ECE 200||Young Children with Spec Needs|
|or EDU 105||Intro to Special Education||3|
|ECE 140*||Observation & Recording Techniques||3|
|EDU 210||Behavior Management and Guidance Practices||3|
|ECE 130*||Integrating the Arts and Play in Early Childhood||3|
|ECI 230||Principles of Family-Centered Early Intervention||3|
|SED 205||Assist Tech for Child/Except||3|
|ECI 240||Strategies for Teaching Infants and Toddlers With Special Needs||3|
|ECE 210*||Integrating Curriculum in Early Childhood||3|
|ECE 225||Early Childhood Prof Seminar||3|
|ECI 115*||Family-Centered Early Intervention Field Experience||1|
*Child Care Lab (30 hours per designated course) - field experiences and observations at a variety of inclusive child care centers, agency based facilities, and other early intervention settings serving infants, toddlers, and preschool children.
Courses may apply to Early Childhood Education/Early Intervention A.A.S. program.
**Physical exam and TB test required.
Early Childhood Education - Early Intervention (Certificate)
Approximate Cost of Program
|Books: 2,200||Fees: 945||Tuition: 3,500|
|Books: 2,200||Fees: 1,260||Tuition: 7,000|
|Out of State|
|Books: 2,200||Fees: 1,575||Tuition: 10,500|
|Books: 2,200||Fees: 1,260||Tuition: 5,250|
- On-Campus Room & Board: Not Offered
- More cost information can be found here: Tuition & Fees
Length of Program
Intended time to complete: 12 months