Early Childhood Education - Early Intervention / Specialized Diploma (ECID)
*This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.*
Intended to prepare students for employment as assistant group supervisors in child care settings or in classrooms with young children ages 5 and under with disabilities or developmental delays. Credits meet requirements for the Keystone STARS program and for the Department of Public Welfare's Professional Development Record. The diploma is designed to articulate into Lehigh Carbon Community College's Early Childhood Education/Early Childhood Intervention Associate degree program.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- know patterns of child growth and development and theories of learning.
- use knowledge of family culture and different family structures to work in the collaborative relationships.
- plan, adapt, and implement curriculum experiences based on developmentally appropriate practices.
- plan, adapt, and implement a healthy and safe environment that supports children's growth and development.
- know and use ethical professional behaviors and regulations to advocate for children, families, and colleagues
|Early Childhood Education - Early Intervention / Specialized Diploma (ECID)|
|EDU 210||Behavior Management & Guidance Practices
|ECE 200||Young Children with Special Needs||3|
|ECI 230||Principles of Family-Centered Early Intervention||3|
|ECI 240||Strategies for Teaching Infants and Toddlers with Special Needs||3|
|ECE 125*||Education and Care of Infants and Toddlers||3|
*Child Care Lab (30 hours per designated course) – field experiences and observations at a variety of inclusive child care centers, intermediate units, agency-based facilities, and other early intervention settings serving infants, toddlers, and preschool children with disabilities.
*PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, physical exam, and TB screening test required for Child Care Lab.
Courses may apply to Early Childhood Education/Early Intervention A.A.S. program.