Fine Arts / Studio Arts A.A. (ARTA)
*This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.*
Students in this program will combine classroom study at Lehigh Carbon Community College with studio experiences at the LCCC Schnecksville campus and the Baum School of Art, Allentown. While some students may pursue the program of study for personal enrichment rather than transfer, the degree is designed for students preparing to enter a program leading to a baccalaureate degree at a four-year college or university.
Because the requirements of four-year colleges or universities vary widely, students should choose an intended transfer college as soon as possible and work with their advisor to follow the program described in that college’s catalog. All students will be expected to prepare a portfolio for transfer or employment applications.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• demonstrate visual communication skills using the basic elements of line, shape, value, texture, color and space.
• use the principles of design and color theory.
• utilize technology as it applies to the arts.
• analyze and render two-dimensional forms via line, value and perspective.
• analyze and construct forms in three dimensions.
• recognize painting, sculpture, and architecture with consideration of the aesthetic, historical, and technical significance of artistic achievements.
• apply critical analysis to visual images and objects.
Transfer information for this program is on file in the Transfer Center. For more information, contact an academic advisor or counselor.
Please Note: This program contains art courses that may require the purchase of additional supplies. Please visit the LCCC and Baum Schoof of Art Supply List page for detailed information.
Please Visit the Baum School of Art website.
|Fine Arts / Studio Arts A.A. (ARTA)|
|ART 101||Introduction to Art||3|
|ART 108||Two Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 110||Drawing I||3|
|ENG 105||College English I||3|
|ART 111||Color Theory||3|
|ART 115||Painting I||3|
|ART 135||Three Dimensional Design||3|
|ENG 106||College English II||3|
*Studio Art Electives must be chosen from the following courses: ART 107, ART 109, ART 112, ART 120, ART 125, ART 128, ART 130, ART 132, ART 150, ART 152, ART 155, ART 205, ART 210, ART 215, ART 230, ART 235, ART 247, ART 248.
**In addition to the Studio Art courses listed above ART 206, ART 212, ART 220, and ART 225 are recommended as free electives.