Music / Sound Production A.A. (DAPA)
*This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.*
This program is designed for students interested in the music and sound production industries. Program course work explores career opportunities in these industries. Industry positions include, but are not limited to, music producer, sound designer, sound editor, disc jockey, recording and live sound engineers. Students gain practical experience by utilizing industry-standard software, hardware and common production techniques.
Students are urged to consult with an academic advisor or counselor to ensure that the courses selected meet LCCC requirements and those of the four-year college or university to which transfer is intended.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
• demonstrate computer literacy.
• demonstrate knowledge in the principles of sound and digital audio.
• apply critical listening and thinking skills.
• Record, produce, edit, mix, and master audio using industry-standard equipment and software.
• Create a demo reel showcasing course work and production experience.
|Music / Sound Production A.A. (DAPA)|
|ENG 105||ENG 105||3|
|DMP 105||Introduction to Media Communications||3|
|Elective*||General Education Elective||3|
|DMP 121||Media Scriptwriting and Storyboarding||3|
|DMP 115||Principles of Sound Production||3|
|ENG 106||College English II||3|
|SOC 155||Mass Culture||3|
|DMP 216||Digital Audio Production||3|
|Elective*||General Education Elective||6|
* Recommended General Education electives: CMN 112, ENG 111
** Recommended Free electives: CIS 105, DMP 205, DMP 130, DMP 210