Law Enforcement Certificate (LAWC)
*This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.*
The primary purpose of this program is to accommodate in-service officers interested in a specialized field. All courses in this program can be applied to an Associate in Applied Science degree. Pre-service students are also eligible to enroll. Graduates may expect entry-level employment as law enforcement officers
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of the functions of the criminal justice system.
- demonstrate an understanding of the functions of law enforcement and how law enforcement relates to the entire criminal justice system.
- develop an historical perspective of the principles, theories, and challenges inherent in law enforcement.
- Additional Disclosure Information
|Law Enforcement Certificate (LAWC)|
|CJA 101||Intro to Criminal Justice Sys||3|
|CJA 105||Criminal Investigations||3|
|CJA 119||Juvenile Justice||3|
|CJA 201||Crim Evidence & Court Proc||3|
|CJA 215||Law Enforcement & Society||3|
|CJA 240||Criminal Law||3|
or SOC 151
or SOC 250
|Introduction to Sociology
Modern Social Problems
Recommended electives:ENG 105, ENG 107, and 111.
Law Enforcement (Certificate)
Approximate Cost of Program
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 810||Tuition: 3,000|
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 1,080||Tuition: 6,000|
|Out of State|
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 1,350||Tuition: 9,000|
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 1,080||Tuition: 4,500|
- On-Campus Room & Board: Not Offered
- More cost information can be found here: Tuition & Fees
Length of Program
Intended time to complete: 12 months