Corrections Certificate (CRRC)
*This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.*
The primary purpose of this program is to accommodate in-service officers interested in a specialized field. All courses in this program can be applied to an Associate in Applied Science degree. Pre-service students are also eligible to enroll. Specific career opportunities include corrections officer, human services aide, residential juvenile counseling, street outreach counseling, and juvenile corrections aide.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of the functions of the criminal justice system.
- demonstrate an understanding of the functions of corrections and how corrections relate to the entire criminal justice system.
- develop an historical perspective of the principles, theories, and challenges inherent in corrections.
- Additional Disclosure Information
|Corrections Certificate (CRRC)|
|CJA 101||Intro to Criminal Justice Sys||3|
|CJA 116||Corrections Administration||3|
|CJA 118||Juvenile Delinquency||3|
|CJA 201||Crim Evidence & Court Proc||3|
|CJA 225||Probation and Parole||3|
|CJA 240||Criminal Law||3|
|PSY 140||Introduction to Psychology||3|
or SOC 250
|Modern Social Problems
Total Credits 30.00
NOTE: Suggested electives are ENG 105, ENG 107, and ENG 111.
Approximate Cost of Program
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 810||Tuition: 3,000|
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 1,080||Tuition: 6,000|
|Out of State|
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 1,350||Tuition: 9,000|
|Books: 2,000||Fees: 1,080||Tuition: 4,500|
- On-Campus Room & Board: Not Offered
- More cost information can be found here: Tuition & Fees
Length of Program
Intended time to complete: 12 months