Accounting Certificate (ACCC)
*This is an overview of the program. The course sequencing is meant to serve as a guideline for your semester planning. Please note that the scheduling of courses, program sequencing and curriculum are subject to change.*
This program will provide students with accounting skills necessary to obtain entry-level positions in business as an accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk, purchasing clerk or as a bookkeeper. Credits may be applied toward the A.A.S. degree in Accounting.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• describe and illustrate basic financial accounting concepts and principles.
• describe and illustrate accounting systems for service, merchandising, and manufacturing enterprises.
• use accounting concepts and principles as applicable to sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations.
• demonstrate effective communication.
• apply accounting concepts and principles for analyzing financial statements and business operations.
• apply cost accounting principles and procedures to a manufacturing business.
• demonstrate and integrate computer literacy within an accounting framework.
• recognize ethical problems in business.
|ACC 160||Principles of Accounting I||3|
|BUS 120||Introduction to Business Organization||3|
|CIS 105||Introduction to Computers and Applications||3|
|ACC 161||Principles of Accounting II||3|
|ACC 205||Income Tax Accounting||3|
|ACC 201||Intermediate Accounting I||3|
|ACC 203||Cost/Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 209||Business Communications||3|
|ACC 202||Intermediate Accounting II||3|
|ACC 262||Accounting Information Systems||3|
|BUS 241||Business Law I||3|
Approximate Cost of Program
|Books: 2,200||Fees: 891||Tuition: 3,300|
|Books: 2,200||Fees: 1,188||Tuition: 6,600|
|Out of State|
|Books: 2,200||Fees: 1,485||Tuition: 9,900|
|Books: 2,200||Fees: 1,188||Tuition: 4,950|
- On-Campus Room & Board: Not Offered
- More cost information can be found here: Tuition & Fees
Length of Program
Intended time to complete: 24 months